The UN Youth Champions for Environment and Peace programme is organized together with the British Council and the COOPower Project
Do you want to become a United Nations Youth Champion for Environment and Peace?
Be part of a unique 2-week programme and meet young people to discuss our shared environment?!
If you are a Cypriot aged 18-25 and like the sound of this, we would like to hear from you!
The programme will run from Monday, 30 August to Saturday, 11 September, and the deadline for applications is 28 June"
- Aged 18-25, from any community living on Cyprus.
- A strong will to make a significant contribution towards a peaceful and sustainable future on the island
- Commitment and motivation to actively participate throughout the 2-week intensive programme, including the presentations/ taught sessions and group work that will require additional hours of work on developing a social enterprise with the help of mentors.
- Good communication skills and teamwork in an intercultural environment
- Fluency in English, with knowledge of either Greek or Turkish
- A wish to develop interpersonal relations with participants from all communities of Cyprus
- A desire to find out more about the UN and what the UN does in Cyprus
We strive for gender diversity and equal representation among youth from all communities living on Cyprus. We welcome applications from persons studying abroad and based on availability and relevant interest, spots may be available for persons over 25 years old.
What to expect:
An online programme that will run 5 days a week for two weeks, comprised of online mandatory sessions and group work sessions per day. Consistent participation throughout the programme is required.
Mandatory online sessions will focus on joint learning with subject matter experts. Each session will last for around 90 minutes and will take place online. We will request that all participants keep their cameras turned on throughout these sessions.
Group work sessions is your opportunity to develop a novel idea for a Green Social Enterprise/Cooperative together with other young Cypriots, supported by an expert mentor. The length of these session will vary depending on each groups’ specific needs but will likely last 1-2 hours per day.
If COVID19 measures allow, there will also be a full day study visit during the first weekend of the programme and a social gathering.
How to apply:
APPLY HERE by Friday, 28 June.
Applicants may be contacted for an interview. We aim to notify successful applicants by 7 July. Selected participants will receive an overview of the main programme once they’re selected. A more detailed programme will be distributed around two weeks before the programme begins. Please be aware that some programme points may be subject to change.
For any queries please contact us at [email protected]
The programme is co-funded by the European Union.